NYC Style Spot   +  torrid

Back in Black
There are few things I adore more than autumn; the turning of the leaves, the crisp evening air, and best of all: fall fashion.
If there is one thing that will always be "in," it is the color black. It's common knowledge that you can never go wrong in a little black dress or an all black ensemble. And while I've never doubted this fact, there has not been a time before this season that I have simply relished this look. I am down right obsessed. You name it, I want it black: tights, dresses, coats, accessories, shoes, hair, coffee, men...just kidding. Kind of.
Let me be clear though, black does not have to mean boring. Playing with layers, textures, and cuts--when done right--keeps things interesting. Anything lace and/or leather (faux, in my case, considering my lack of funds) pretty much puts you on a one-way track to fab in my book. Throw in a little hardware detail and knee high boots, and I'm officially smitten. I know, I know, this isn't exactly a ground-breaking, fashion-forward look, but it's one that works and looks great on almost everyone, regardless of size. One celeb that gets it right every time is Rihanna, who, while not fat, is most definitely fab, and inspires me on my quest for the perfect all black ensemble. Now, I've read enough fashion blogs to know this is not everyone's cup of tea; some call it fug, others say it's overdone. I say, fuck that noise and throw on a black bomber. I'm not a huge Torrid fan by any means, but I have to give them props for offering up plus size pleather leggings this year. And seriously, how adorable are their lace thigh highs?
Snag 'em, ladies, and you're well on your way to a little thing we in the fashion world call black nirvana (okay, so maybe I just made that term up, but it's totally accurate). It's nice here, but be forewarned, once you're in it, it's a hard place to leave.