NYC Style Spot   +  zara

McQueen for the Masses

Jumpsuit, Alexander McQueen for Target; Shoes, Zara;

Every once in a while Target, one of my personal favorite stores, does something genius but most of the time it is average. The Alexander McQueen for Target collaboration is 50% blah, 40% genius, and 10% I feel obligated to buy something just because it's linked to Mr. McQueen. I found that many of the pieces within the collection, the blue dress for example, looked good on the hanger but just didn't fit right on my little figure. I'm also not a big fan of the cheap looking printed tee shirts at all. However, the denim jacket was pretty bad ass and the shiny trench coat thing is really hot and excited me a little. My absolute favorite piece is this jumpsuit. At first look I was skeptical because the crotch is placed weird and the legs were kinda stumpy looking on the hanger, but totally works when worn. I really like the eighties feel of the jumpsuit, and it's definitely a new silhouette for me. My only complaint is the fake belt that is not removable. Nothing a couple of snips can't fix though. Although the collection did not meet the expectations set by all of the internet hype, I am pretty satisfied with my two purchases. Until the day comes when I can purchase the real McQueen, I will make do with this.