NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Woe is Me!
On my last post, some of you agreed that I should share my "to-buy" list. I may get around to that eventually, but for now, I just want to show you the number one item I've been lusting after. I saw this Banana Republic dress when it was featured in Marie Claire recently, and I have been dreaming about it ever since.The cut! The color! The sleeves! Is there anything more beautiful in this world? I mean, I get that it's kind of mermaid-like, and maybe I am trying to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming Ariel, but I don't really care. I must have it.
Obviously, I was thoroughly disappointed when I checked the website and it was nowhere to be found. But, as luck would have it, I spotted it at Banana Republic the other day while buying the black dress for GMA. Unfortunately, they only had it in a size 12 (and let's be honest, even if the size 16 was in stock, there's no way it would get around these hips). I was almost delusional enough to hope the 12 would magically fit, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants style, but I took one look at the fabric and shook my head.
It truly is perfection, though. I am considering having one custom made on etsy, because I really don't know how much longer I can live without it in my closet.