NYC Style Spot   +  summer trend

Bringing Back the Jumpsuit

A true fashion icon, Alison Goldfrapp, is back. The album Head First will hit stores in a week and promotional pictures show Goldfrapp's lead singer rocking a jumpsuit. Playsuits (the shorter versions) and the above mentioned attire are becoming key elements for spring/summer ... but I simply don't know whether to laugh or cry at this latest 80s revival.

I just don't see one on me. On the other hand, playsuits are becoming hard to resist, like the one below by British brand Dorothy Perkins. So loud, so vibrant, I can imagine how to dress the look with a bold belt, or some colourful long beaded necklaces.

I tend to tolerate seeing jumpsuits with high-heels, whereas I would personally team the girlier playsuits with some sandals.

French Connection are also using jumpsuits to head their campaigns. I can see a lot of girls falling for this easy-to-wear number pictured below. However, I won't be one of them.

Then again, Nolita offer a jumpsuit I could well consider wearing, very boho, sexy and quite stylish I am practically converted... but only to this one, ok? let's not push it.

Pictures: Goldfrapp, Dorothy Perkins, French Connection, Nolita