NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Staging a Comeback?
Okay, it's been months since I've actually done a 'real' post-- something that my friend Albert reminded me of today when we were out having a thrifting adventure in Indiana. I'd been slow to redesign the blog and didn't want to post until that happened. Fortunately blogger announced a new beta design template system that makes changes 10x easier than they used to be. While I'm still not happy with how the blog looks, the fancy graphic design will have to wait until this summer when I have more time on my hands.

In the meantime I'll be posting all the photos I've been saving up since the middle of January! It's hard to know where to start-- my 25th birthday was this Monday (the 22nd) so I have photos from various outings, also took a week-long trip to NYC & Philadelphia at the beginning of this month.Museum of Science & IndustryHere's a set of images from winter break at the end of January... Despite living in Chicago for 2 1/2 years I hadn't made it to the Museum of Science & Industry down in Hyde Park... so on Friday I played the role of 'local tourist' and took advantage of their free admission days (all week days in January!).Museum of Science & IndustryMuseum of Science & IndustryMuseum of Science & IndustryMuseum of Science & IndustryMuseum of Science and Industryan 15: Museum of Science & Industryan 15: Museum of Science & Industryan 15: Museum of Science & IndustryDefinitely the best non-art museum I've ever been to... trains! airplanes! fuzzy baby chicks! They had it all. We spent four hours in there and still made it to The Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago (and also poked around their campus), an art exhibit at the Renaissance Society (also at UC) and went to Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House... just looked at the outside and gift shop as we didn't feel like spending $ on the tour. Overall a great day and a fun 'field trip.'January Snow CaterpillarJanuary Snow Caterpillar