NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Beat the Heat: 2 Vintage Summer Looks
1950s Style Lake TripI found this little 1950s crop top at the thrift store today-- I figured it would be WAY too small for me but surprisingly it fit pretty well. I imagine 1950s girls would have worn it with pedal pusher pants or little pinup shorts to sunbathe-- I decided to wear it with a full skirt and flat espadrilles for a fun 'lake picnic' look.

1950s crop top: Wicker Park thrift store
Navy Skirt-- Target (3 years ago)
Straw cloche hat: Wicker Park thrift store
Vintage fishing basket/purse: Estate Sale
1970s Deadstock Espadrilles: Wicker Park Vintage StoreFishing Basket & Hat1950s Crop TopMint Green Bermuda Shorts!I never ever wear shorts outside of pajamas, I bought this pair of mint green shorts (1960s?) at a thrift shop today to sell. They're a bit big on me or I'd consider keeping them!

They're paired with a pretty, delicate silk blouse but the details are washed out in this picture.

1960s Bermuda shorts: Wicker Park thrift store
Straw cloche hat: Wicker Park thrift store
Silk Blouse: Wicker Park thrift store
1970s sewing basket purse: Lincoln Park thrift store
Yellow Bangle Bracelet: Lakeview Brown Elephant thrift store
Leather wedges: Rogers, Arkansas thrift storeBasket PurseI bought the yellow bangle bracelet at the Brown Elephant thinking it MIGHT be bakelite but when I got it home realized it had a mold line/seam. A little disappointing but it was cheap and I like the colour. The little basket purse is actually a 1970s sewing basket. It has a handpainted cover and is signed Joyce Clemensen and "By Caro Nan".Basket Purse: ContentsThere were still a few sewing notions included in the purse, a classic little tomato pin cushion, a few buttons and a piece of tatting.