NYC Style Spot   +  STYLE

Love yourself, Love others Challenge

Maybe it's because I'm frustrated that my health is not great right now. Maybe it's because I only seem to encounter things that bother me and not many that make me smile ... whatever it is, I'm being repeatedly critical of myself. I blame myself for the setbacks, focusing on my negatives. All in all, a very tiring, unhealhy and forever upsetting habit. Then, some days back I saw a post by Retro Chick and felt inspired.
She teased me. And how does Jess from Fashion Limbo get teased? With a challenge. She is requesting us readers to list five things we like about ourselves, and then, the easier part, pick 5 people in "blogland" and mention what we really, seriously envy about them.

So, my dears, here is me responding to the bid (bear in mind that although it may take you less than a minute to read this entire post, it's going to take me aaaaages to compile any points...lets go!

  1. My lips - they are full, part of the huge gob I have for mouth. I was blessed with a full pout and I love it, it's easy to make up, just some simple gloss and off we go.
  2. My tattoos - I hate when people/work make me cover them up. I am proud of them and never regret the day I had them done. I wish I wasn't so scared of needles (or looking like a scary biker... without a bike) so I could have more done.
  3. How pale I am - I love being this pale. I think it looks good with my dark hair and eyes and hate it when people are negative about it.
  4. My eyes - they are very expressive, and look good with just some mascara, or with a dramatic eye shadow. I only wish I knew how to perfect a good "smoky" eyes look
  5. My hips. They are part of my Mediterranean heritage and although my hip bones stick out, they look great in low rise jeans and with slightly fitted dresses.
Wow, I swear that this has taken me more than a week and many long moments of self-analysis. How terrible is the female nature? if we were talking negatives it would have been a quick and long list - men surely aren't this self-critical, are they? You tell me.

Now for the 5 bloggers I love.

Gemma from Retro Chick for her gorgeous red hair, great smile and unique sense of style.

Sabine Clappaert from Muse for her long fit legs...she will hang me for this, but I'm saying it anyway.

Jennine from The Coveted because she oozes glamour.

Reena from Fashion Daydreams for her sexy dark looks.

And Jenny from The Style PA for having such a naturally pretty face.

Pictures: Retro Chick, Muse, The Coveted, Fashion Daydreams, The Style PA