NYC Style Spot   +  shopping

The small rant - A pet for Xmas

Please excuse the randomness my dears,

This is my dog. That killer beast up there. He is a mix, a mongrel, a cross breed. He has the face and ridiculous length of a miniature dachshund, but with longer legs, he is most likely crossed with a Manchester terrier. I adopted him 4 and a half years ago from the South of Spain. Since that day he has hardly left my side.
Why am I telling you about this smelly little beast? How is it that a four-legged creature is the subject of a post in my fashion blog? no, I’m not planning to make him into a bag or more likely a clutch (I told you he was a miniature). I just wanted to share with you what I got with €100 of adoption fees.

I got a huge responsibility. I got a pain-in-the-ass-dog that has to be walked at least twice a day, even if it rains or snows. I got a hairy child that will wake me up in the middle of the night if there is stormy weather, and won’t let me go back to sleep until I let him lie next to me. I got a stubborn creature that almost destroyed a framed picture signed by Alanis Morissette because he didn’t want to be left alone that day.

But mostly, I got a loyal companion that manages to make me laugh when I’m sick, when I’m lonely, when I’m sad. He will lick my tears, clown around and nudge me in the face with his wet nose until I stop crying and start smiling. That’s what I got the day I adopted a homeless dog.

A dog is not just for Christmas. It’s for life - and that’s a true blessing.

And speaking of nice things, what is on your Christmas list?

Picture: Dieter Quaghebeur