NYC Style Spot   +  Fashion Week India

Really Creative Fashion Week Invitations
Surrealist imagery for Givenchy's womenswear invitationA toy-inspired offering from Maison Martin Margiela HommeAn illustration from M/M (Paris) for the Givenchy Homme invitationButter-soft leather for Hermés womenswearHinting at the show's wintry theme; Chanel's invitationJean Paul Gaultier's womenswear invitationJohn Galliano's womenswear invitation came on an animal skinA typographic take on a russian doll for Maison Martin Margiela's womenswear invitation, consisting of five separate envelopes, one inside the otherBrushed brass with the signature check for Burberry Prorsum's showsA graphic cog by Studio Job with a Viktor & Rolf seal set the tone for the latter's 'Glamour Factory' womenswear showNina Ricci's invitation came printed on gauze ribbonCustomised Pierre Hardy stamps on the envelope for his invitation A lacquer effect, tissue paper invitation to the tao Comme des Garçons show
Its the design element of fashion that really draws me in more than anything. Naturally, I'm a huge fan of illustration, graphic design, typography and I especially find myself constantly collecting inspirational typographic images from magazines, books and everywhere imaginable. Don't even get me started on various papers and stationery. L.o.v.e. Needless to say these Autumn/Winter 2010 Fashion Week invitations by some of my favourite fashion designers and design houses had me salivating and I had to share them with you! The last one is Varun Sardana's S/S 2011 invite I found on his blog.