NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Good Clothes Open All Doors
{browsing the collection at Ishara boutique in Gastown}

While we were shooting in Gastown the other day, David, Paul, Rod and I had the opportunity to duck into Ishara, one of my favourite boutiques in Vancouver. I've been a fan of this shop since its beginnings in Oakridge Mall (they have since relocated) for its absolutely unpretentious atmosphere and girlish, wearable pieces in luxurious and quality fabrics like silk and cashmere. I was thrilled when the girls at the shop not only let us to take photos of the space, but also allowed me to try on, style and photograph the pretty pieces to my heart's desire!

Ishara literally translates into "to send someone in the right direction" and the well-known phrase associated with the store is that "Good Clothes Open All Doors". I love this philosophy, because even though I know that ultimately our true confidence and personality comes from within, dressing the part undoubtedly helps more than many care to admit. Thanks again to Stephanie and Christine for welcoming us into the store to play dress up and ogle over all the beautiful clothes!{the lower level of the simple and inviting space}{a case of jewelry in store. they stock Amrita Singh-- could it get any better?!}{Contemplating two of my favourite sale picks}{I paired this lovely dress with a cobalt belt for added interest. It drapes so beautifully, and is on sale for a very reasonable $104!}{Juxtaposing a feminine Tibi frock with a tougher studded belt. I absolutely LOVED this dress and desperately wanted to take it home with me!!!}{The photography crew, Paul and Rod, with Christine (left) and Stephanie of Ishara. I am wearing a Tibi blouse, Juicy Couture jacket and Paige pants that I tried on from the store}

Ishara is located on 38 Water Street in historic Gastown; If you're in Vancouver, I highly suggest swinging by and checking them out. There are still remnants of their post-Christmas sale in store (including the two dresses and Juicy Couture jacket in the photos) and it's the perfect opportunity to score a good deal on a long lasting piece!

P.S. As if the beautiful clothes weren't reason enough to visit, I've just been informed that as a pre-Valentine's sale, already discounted items will be an additional 20% off!

Photos by Fotowok