NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

The Gold and the Beautiful
Last weekend I was in Chicago for Valentine's Day, and I was lucky because it happened to be the same time that a few lovely ladies were hosting a clothing swap for women sizes 12 and up. It was called "The Gold and the Beautiful," so of course I wore gold!This amazing ASOS mesh and sequins dress has been in my closet for some time now. When I spotted it on the website a while ago, I knew immediately I had to have it. It's a size 10, but was clearly huge and slouchy (my fave) so I decided to give it a try. This piece is the opposite of anything any "fashion expert" would tell a fat girl to wear. It doesn't "cinch the waist" or "elongate the legs" or "show off your curves." It's basically an oversized, shapeless, really fucking cool t-shirt and I love it. Ladies, dress for yourself, break rules, stop saying "I wish I could wear that" and just do it.

It was my lucky day because my friend and photographer Lizz Kuehl (who has taken awesome pictures of me for previous YFF posts) was in attendance and snapped a few shots of my outfit!Photos (besides the first) are by Lizz Kuehl, please do not use without permission
Dress-ASOS/Shoes-F21/Cape-ASOS Curve/Clutch-Marshalls/Headbands-Walgreens