NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Trend Mixing: Minimalist Whites + Neon Brights
“Minimalism is not a style, it is an attitude, a way of being. It’s a fundamental reaction against noise, visual noise, disorder, vulgarity. Minimalism is the pursuit of the essence of things, not the appearance.” (Massimo Vingelli)

This quote made me think real hard not just about my style but my entire approach to living. I'm not a minimalist nor a hoarder. I have though to a great degree curbed impulsive shopping since I started writing  this blog. I'm currently in the process of a major overhaul, carefully culling pieces from my wardrobe to build one where I can just pull blind and trust that it all works. This wardrobe overhaul takes time (years even) but once you have a wardrobe filled with amazing, even perfect pieces, you become even more reluctant to bring in anything less than. In the last few seasons we've seen a big nod towards minimalism by designers like Celine, Jil Stuart and CK making it hot and coveted even off the runways. Colour blocking with intense hard to wear hues is another trend we're seeing explode on the runways this season. Think electro-clash! So if you're thinking this may be too ascetic or severe respectively for some of us, there are always ways of mixing and customising these trends to make them your own. My way of wearing both trends at once - The ultimate minimalist LWD (Little White Dress) +  Loud and Bold Neon accessories. Bang on! ;)-Republic Of Chic for Vogue.in