NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Mia
Let me start this post by saying that I'm completely shocked, heartbroken, and saddened by the news that plus-size model Mia Amber has passed away. She was a complete icon in the industry, and at this moment, I still can't even process my thoughts. She has inspired so many; she had a positive attitude and an infectious smile, and was always willing to help anyone in a time of need. When I was competing to become MTV's Twitter Jockey, one of my challenges was to put together an event at a moment's notice. Mia helped out by offering to model in my Brooklyn Bridge fashion show at no charge. I will forever remember her graciousness, beauty, and contribution to the plus community. Though this news is nothing but sad, I try to comfort myself by remembering that Mia lived every day to the fullest and truly loved life.Mia modeling Monif C.
To be completely honest, I feel weird even posting outfit pictures. I'm hoping that continuing to post at this time will help inspire others and therefore carry on the message that Mia was so passionate about.
Yesterday, Forever21 had its Fall 2011 preview, and a few representatives were kind enough to take me shopping in their Times Square store. I cannot thank them enough! Fittingly, I wore almost all F21. The top is from Evans, and unfortunately doesn't photograph well. It almost looks like a white tee in these photos, when in actuality it's a gorgeous beige blouse. I paired it with a great lightweight print jacket, skinny jeans, and wedges to create a casual-chic look that worked well for the office and the preview.Top-Evans/Jacket, Jeans, Sunglasses, Necklace-Forever21/Watch-Guess/Wedges-Pour La Victoire
PS-Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my bikini post! I love you all! I'm off to LA today for work, maybe there will be more bathing suit shots soon :)