NYC Style Spot   +  personal style

Outfit - The Maxi Dress Conundrum

Began this post listening to I'm The Best by Nicki Minaj...

Does the following happen to anyone else? When I walk into an H&M store I am hardly excited. Why? because everything is mass-produced and that bothers me a lot. I simply hate running into someone wearing my same outfit... which is what obviously occurred.

I visited the store in my hometown, prompting me to fall in love with a maxi dress, it was cheap and I thought it would be easy to wear. Cut to a relaxed afternoon outing some days after. I get off the bus, meet my friends and only a couple of metres away from me, a girl wearing the same dress. It has now been hanging for a while in my wardrobe and while I still love it, I find myself hardly inspired to wear it. As I don't want this purchase to be a total waste of money, I need to spice it up with some clever combinations and this is what I've come up with for now:

The safe yet edgy option - wearing a denim jacket, nothing too outrageous there, but how about some leopard print shoes? I love clashing prints and I think the leopard and the floral patterns go well together.

I balanced out the leopard with an accessory of the same print and I think I quite like it.
The experiment, cardie as top - I grabbed a River Island grey cardigan and wore it the other way around. I was striking one of my best poses when my little "housemate" decided he too wanted to be in the shot...

Shoes: H&M

And below, you can see how it looks from the back.

The comfy layered look - with a black t-shirt, a green necklace to bring some colour to the top and a pair of black sandals with a light wedge.

Top and necklace: Pull & Bear
Shoes: Sfera

Shoes: Sfera
So, which one do you like the most? Do you have any other suggestions on how to wear maxi dresses differently?

Finished this post listening to Super Bass by Nicki Minaj

Pictures: Fashion Limbo