NYC Style Spot   +  Video Lookbook

Somebody Told Me: ROC for FCUK India
F and I were invited to a preview of the Autumn Winter 2011 collection for French Connection India a couple of weeks ago. We had a really fun time (Thanks, Harini) trying on outfits, goofing around with 'striking poses' for the camera and shooting this video (for the first and very awkward time, so please be gentle).

You see me here in a moss green shimmery sweater (loads of deep autumnal hues with shots of green, purple and rich yellows to choose from this season) that highlights the blacks and greys that tend to take over our wardrobes come winter. Turned around, its a strip of bows playing peekaboo on your back, I hearted it! In other scenes you see me prancing around and err.. giggling shyly in a Pendragon dress that fit wonderfully but.. the one dress I had my heart set on was this Hervé Léger lookalike called Danni. Its a faceoff between Danni and a pretty lil sequinned playsuit number called Lucinda for my New Years' Eve party outfit. Subtle shimmer vs. all-out bling! What do you think? Which one should I get? :) Help a girl out! (and then come back to see how I finally wore it!) 

Overall, I suppose what we enjoyed best were the ladylike accessories taking inspiration from one-off vintage finds - skinny tortoiseshell belts, faux crocodile skin cross body bags, large leather totes and velvet pill-box hats with netting. I'm buying more and more vintage clothing lately, these accessories seem to fit in just right with the retro phase my closet is going through. The holidays are here! Happy shopping, lovelies! :)