NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Polished Style: Black & Gold
Up until several months ago, I never really cared to paint my nails. It took too much time, and I felt that the results didn't last long enough to warrant the effort. If I ever did do it, it was in classic shades like reds and pale pinks, and I would never consider designs. Fast forward a few months (and becoming closer with a friend who loves her nail polish!) and I'm happy to say that I'm becoming slightly more adventurous (black! dark green! navy!). I'm also now willing to do an accent nail in a more simple design.{Sonia Rykiel top, YSL sunglasses, Forever 21 cuff, Kate Spade earrings, YSL shoes, Topshop dress}
I like the idea of being inspired by fashion for manicures. Clothes, shoes and jewelry are often expensive, so this a fun and cost effective way to integrate a little something extra into a look. It's also a great method to subtly test drive colour or a trend! That's why I'm so excited to introduce this new segment, Polished Style, on the blog; Carmen and I will create manicures that even the most averse nail polish wearers can try out!This week we were inspired by black and gold, one of my favourite colour combinations of all time; these colours can be dressed up to look elegant or edgy depending on how you wear it. I've always enjoyed garments with subtle gold embellishments and this was the inspiration behind our first look!{OPI Black Onyx, Martha Stewart Metallic Microbeads in Florentine Gold, Borghese Brilliante base/top coat, tweezers}
Hop on over to The Art of Nails to see how you can easily re-create this look yourself!
Stay tuned for more, and feel free to leave suggestions of what you'd like to see in the comments section!