NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Polka Dots & Sunny Sundays
wicker_park_thriftaholicI've always been one of those people that find it hard to relax, especially since I live in a city (Chicago!) I'm always on the lookout for street fests, art exhibitions and concerts to attend. The "big plans" I had scheduled for last weekend fell through for various reasons including weather. On Sunday I found myself taking advantage of the suddenly sunny weather (after 2 days of rain) and strolling through Wicker Park and Pilsen with my friend Sarah. We met up for lunch at Antique Taco and of course took some outfit photos while roaming through the neighborhood.

Sarah thought this "Wicker Park" mural on Milwaukee Avenue suited the color palette of my attire. I clearly have a penchant for posing with murals as they have appeared numerous times before on Thriftaholic. I'm happy to live in such a colorful and creative neighborhood.thriftaholic_wicker_park_muralwicker_park_thriftaholic_2OUTFIT DETAILS
1960s polka dot wiggle dress: Picture Day Vintage at The Vintage Bazaar/Renegade market
1940s suit jacket: Estate Sale
1960s Mod sunglasses: Zzouzi Vintage at The Vintage Bazaar/Renegade market
Vintage (1970s?) high heel Mary Janes: Salvation Army, Chicago
HUE brand tightsthriftaholic_polka_dot_dressI loved the colors of this dress, it has rows of polka dots in charcoal gray, purple, sea green, aqua and purple. I also like that the dots look like they were done with watercolor or potato stamps (has anyone done that before? You carve into an actual potato and use it like a rubber stamp).lucite_perfume_bottle_necklaceA lucite perfume bottle necklace found at the Buffalo Exchange in Wicker Park. I thought it might be vintage but a friend informed me it was actually sold at H & M a few years ago. Either way it's one of my new favorite necklaces.fishtacosA few instagram photos of our always delicious and photogenic fish tacos at Antique Taco. Yes, I promise Sarah & I eat at other places than Antique Taco though I've posted twice before about them!thriftaholic_fish_taco1950s_prom_dressesAfter lunch we headed over to the Pilsen neighborhood to visit Karyn and Merl as they were doing a vintage pop-up sale in conjunction with the farmer's market. Karyn was selling out of her little vintage camper and Merl set up along the sidewalk outside.

I enjoyed the way Karyn hung up all her frothy 1950s prom dresses on the back of the camper.pilsen_salevintage_bloggersFrom left to right: Merl, Karyn & Sarah all wearing vintage and thrifted outfits.sarah_outfitIt's hard to see in this photo but Sarah was rocking a giraffe print scarf and camel earrings.thriftaholic_zzouziA rare instance where I look taller than Sarah! I always enjoy seeing how my friends and fellow bloggers put together their thrifted and vintage outfits as our styles are all so different.

Do you tend to take it easy on weekends or do you try to cram in a lot of events/activities/projects?