NYC Style Spot   +  STYLE

The Man on Top

TOPMAN black leather biker jacket; TOPMAN bleach wash denim short sleeve shirt; TOPMAN black spray on skinny jeans.
A British favourite of mine, Topshop Topman opened its doors in Vancouver just last week and already I have been racking up my credit card bill with great new pieces for fall and a handful of, "I don't need it, but I WANT it" splurge type of items. The store is located right in the heart of Downtown Vancouver in the beautiful and newly renovated The Bay and is hailed as the largest international Topshop Topman outside of the chain's flagship location on Oxford Circus in London.

Of course with such a large opening of a fashion juggernaut, must follow a fabulous and opulent launch party. If you all followed me on Twitter, which YOU ALL SHOULD, you would have caught my gallivanting on camera like here, here, HERE... oh and HERE TOO at this fantastic celebration.

I danced, smized for the camera and clearly had one too many glasses of champagne but the biggest highlight of my evening was having the opportunity to chat with Gordon Richardson, who is the Creative Director of Topman UK who flew in from London, at an exclusive dinner party for 50 that I felt beyond privileged to have been invited to.

So... and the best part of the conversation? He told me he liked how I styled my outfit. It was this Topman leather biker jacket with a crisp white dress shirt tucked into slim black cigarette pants and YSL laceless loafers—Dressy yet with a modern edge. I was utterly flattered and grinned like a buffoon the rest of the evening and still till this day, I blush when I think about it.

I think I can officially die happy...well wait. Not until I get to attend Paris Fashion Week of course! But until then, you can find me shopping at Topshop Topman in Vancouver.

On another note, please excuse my failed attempt at 'smizing' in the photos above of this blog post. I'm Asian, we just naturally have squinty eyes, so why bother when trying to smize. #Justsayin.