NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Found Photographs
I've always been envious of Swapatorium's amazing photo finds at garage sales, estate sales & thrift stores. I've seen large lots of photos at LA-area flea markets or antique malls in Fayetteville but they were usually pretty high priced and it wasn't as exciting finding them at these venues. Yesterday I decided to look up estates sales that would be easily accessible from my apartment via public transportation and found one up in Irving Park. It was the last day of the sale so I wasn't expecting to find too much there... fortunately for me these people were packrats and the house was still stuffed full of vintage goodies! I was on my second combthrough of the house when I came across this roll of black & white film from the '70s. The film had some goo on it but I figured it would wipe off easily... I dropped the film off to get processed yesterday and they all came out great! I picked a selection to scan and share with all of you. :)

Click each photo to see a larger version on Flickr.Found Photo: Biking through the '70sFound Photo: Hawthorn Melody Ice CreamNot sure what they were taking a picture of... but the sign is for Hawthorn Mellody Ice Cream, a dairy and amusement park 20 miles North of Chicago that moved to Wisconsin some time in the 1990s.Found Photo: Grandma in the KitchenFound Photo: Nifty GlassesI.Want.Those.Glasses!Found Photo: CurlersFound Photo: Convenience Store PortraitFound Photo: Peace PosterFound Photo: Playing BasketballFound Photo: HoopFound Photo: BasketballFound Photo: Shooting HoopsFound Photo: Street Scene