NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Don Draper + Me
Mad Men Blog Outfit InspirationMad Men Blog Outfit Inspiration(Wearing Vintage 60s Tulle Prom Dress with Velvet Polka Dots, Black Belt, Mary-Jane Wedges from Bata)
 Needless to say, I love Mad Men and the golden age its styling represents but with this show, I'm even more interested in the social history context rather than conceiving fashion of the 50s and 60s as a purely aesthetic enterprise. I particularly love how the style in Mad Men has now become part of a narrative of history. The thing I adore about vintage is how through the life and dress of one woman you could understand a certain moment in social/cultural history, how an outfit can capture an era.

And so behold, my Mad Men fantasy!! I had so much fun creating this! Faiza jokes I should make 'Don Draper+Me' my desktop wallpaper. She hadn't noticed I beat her to it! :P