NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

I need a brooch - where to look

Ok, so I may not be writing about shoes this week. Temperatures are dropping as I write. Ice is making any steps a hazard, the air is humid and cold. Hardly the time for peep-toes and pretty stilettos, right? How about extravagant wedges? As sad as it may sound, I’m wearing more reasonable boots and rain-proof footwear. Glamour is disappearing from my feet and has to be placed elsewhere...cue the time for pretty brooches.

I love brooches, but I don’t have enough of them. They add sparkle, colour and originality to the greyest of jackets, and with thick winter coats I have to at least try vamping them up. So here you have a selection of pretty things I am coveting.

The first one is my favourite and I'm such a click away from buying it... It's from Aspire Style and as a cameo is a gorgeous, not too discreet one, which makes us love it. Price £12.95 (€15)

Now, you may want to take the sparkle and craziness all the way and go for this one, tiger-tiger grrr!, from ASOS. With no delivery fees to worry about it's a true bargain at £7 (€8.71)

If you rather take it down a notch a bit but still add a quirky detail to your lapel, then this one from Accessorize could work, and it's also quite affordable at £9 (€10,5). It could make a lovely stocking filler, so watch out if you know me, it could end up in your hands :)

And the most original one is this one in acrylic from Mockinghorse. I adore everything this guys make and I must treat myself one day... soon. These lovely lips can be yours for £10 (€11,7)

So, which one am I getting for you?

Pictures: Aspire Style, Accesorise, ASOS, Mockinghorse