NYC Style Spot   +  Randolph Street Market

Twirling in Peach at A Blogger Meetup
peachtwirlSomehow nearly a month has slipped by since these photos were taken by the wonderful Veronika of Ticktock Vintage during a blogger meetup organized by the Randolph Street Market. The June market is actually going to be held this weekend and the weather is forecast to be much better than last month's!
While I've already posted about the market itself and the fun items I found there, these photos were taken during a cocktail hour on Friday, the day before the flea market. Surprisingly I've never shared this frothy 1960s peach dress on the blog before, I originally purchased it from Knee Deep Vintage to wear to my MFA photography show opening last year. Since then it's been my go-to frock for my art openings. It's not hard to see why-- the color makes me stand out in a crowd (especially the black attire-wearing gallery folk) and it has the best skirt for twirling.furtwirlSince it was chilly that night I paired the dress with tights and a 1950s mink stole. Does anyone have advice on keeping a vintage stole closed? It's too thick for a sweater clip and it doesn't have a button or ribbons attached to it.
OUTFIT DETAILS1960s peach dress: Knee Deep Vintage, Chicago1950s mink stole: Village Thrift, ChicagoPeach floral headband: Forever 21 Accessories Store, ChicagoBlack Mary Janes: Payless Shoes a few years agooutfit_detailsIt was wonderful having a fellow fashion blogger take my photos as Veronika knew what kind of shots I wanted, including detail close ups of my purse and headband!
1950s upholstery/carpet bag: Estate Sale, Chicago1950s 3-tiered 'pearl' necklace: Estate Sale, ChicagofourThe absolute best part of the evening was being able to meet in person the fabulous ladies whose blogs I've been following for the past year or more. When I first started this blog back in 2007 the vintage fashion blog scene was sparse, now I'm lucky that there is a strong contingent of women in Chicago and the Midwest who document their personal style on a regular basis.
Above I'm pictured with Lisa of Archives Vintage, Veronika of Ticktock Vintage and Emily of Sartoriography.cancanOf course put bloggers together and zany antics ensue including the above can can line!group2Left to Right (top): Tara of Haute Lunch, Me, Lisa of Archives Vintage, Emily of Sartoriography and Tieka of Selective Potential.
Left to Right (bottom): Sabrina from Defying My Closet, Tabitha of Fashion Therapist, Veronika of Ticktock Vintage and Andrea of Blonde Bedhead.
Most of the bloggers pictured above are based in Chicago but we were also lucky enough to be joined by two out-of-towners including Tieka of Selective Potential and Veronika of Tick Tock Vintage.groupshotLeft to Right: Sabrina of Defying My Closet, Tara of Haute Lunch, Tabitha of Fashion Therapist, Lisa of Archives Vintage, Me, Emily of Sartoriography, Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage, Andrea of Blonde Bedhead and Tieka of Selective Potential.
Don't worry, Veronika was in no danger of falling! She's so light we had no problem hoisting her up for a fun shot.
Thank you ladies for contributing to the swell time I had at the cocktail hour! I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you again in the near future.