NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Happy Halloween! xo Kimye
For Halloween, my boyfriend and I dressed up as Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. My bf works in music and I'm an "online influencer", so we joke around that we're the broke Kimye all the time and we thought this would be a perfect costume. Plus, Kim's Met Gala look was such a big pop culture moment that when I thought of the idea I cracked up and knew we had to make it happen. I bought two dresses from ASOS in the same pattern (available here and here). I sewed the bottom of the swing dress to the body con dress, and used the extra fabric for the turtleneck, gloves and shoes. Though the print is paisley instead of roses, the colors were similar, and they both have the "old lady couch" feel. I tried to think of something to make into a baby bump, and then I realized...duh! I'm fat. I just poked out my tummy, and voila! (I thought the photoshopped red carpet was a nice touch). And yes, that's my real butt! photo kimye_zpse2de46f8.jpgphoto halloweenkimkardashian_zps0f4d2b1b.jpgThanks to Niehla O. for my makeup! I'd love to see your costumes! If you dressed up and want to share, leave a link in the comments.