NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Unaustralian Australia Day

I had the best Australia Day I've ever had this year, probably because there was no expectation put on me to drink, eat from a BBQ (I know I'm so unAustralian) or wear stupid accessories/flag capes/tattoos to show my "patriotism". For one, don't get me wrong I absolutely love Australia and I love that we have an annual holiday to celebrate our country, our freedom and multiculturalism, but the bogan mentality that surrounds Australia Day simply isn't my cup of tea. Instead, I spent Australia Day down in Melbourne with Zachary. We spent the first hours of the morning along the esplanade at St Kilda, where we enjoyed the sunday markets, a fantastic brunch, played a few games at Luna Park (I won a slinky) and I had a tasty milkshake along the jetty (I was very impressed that the cup matched my dress). In the afternoon we took a tram over to South Yarra to potter along Chapel St, admiring the beautiful antiques, collectables and vintage fur coats that the strip has to offer. I picked up an adorable pair of drop tassle earrings from a boutique called Shag, which will be showcased in my next Melbourne post.Dress - Alice Nightingale
Cardigan - Cotton On
Sandals - Wittner
Sunglasses - AsosLots of love sweethearts